Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Money Making Secrets







A bit of eye candy coming our way from across the pond! This time for director Sion (Strange Circus, Love Exposure, Suicide Club) Sono's strange little slasher flick Cold Fish. Break out your bento box!


For more information (that is, if you can read Japanese), dig on the official Cold Fish website here.


Synopsis

HE’LL MAKE YOU PICK UP THE PIECES


Shamoto runs a small tropical fish shop and leads a boring, but stable life. His second wife, Taeko, does not get along with his daughter, Mitsuko, and this worries him. He also feels somehow unfulfilled and dissatisfied with what his life has become.


One day Mitsuko is caught shoplifting at a department store. There they meet a friendly man named Murata, who helps to settle things between Mitsuko and the store manager. Since Murata also runs a tropical fish shop, Shamoto establishes a bond with him and they become friends; Mitsuko even begins working for Murata and living at his house, to avoid conflicts with her stepmother.


What Shamoto doesn’t know, however, is that Murata hides many dark secrets behind his friendly face. He sells cheap fish to his customers for high prices with his artful lies. If anyone detects his fraud or refuses to go along with his money-making schemes, they’re murdered and their bodies disposed of by Murata and his wife in grisly ways. Shamoto is slowly taken in by Murata’s tactics, and by the time he realizes that Murata is insane, and a serial killer who has made over fifty people disappear, he is powerless to do anything about it. But now Mitsuko is a hostage at Murata’s home, and Shamoto himself has become the killer’s unwilling accomplice!


Meanwhile, the murders, without any trace of the bodies, continue unabated. The police have long suspected Murata and try to get information about him from Shamoto; Murata quickly senses the danger and threatens Shamoto not to report anything to the police.


In the end, the conflict between Shamoto and Murata will result in murder, insanity, and an ordinary man being driven to the edge of the abyss.



Cold Fish - Japanese Trailer
Uploaded by dreadcentral. - Classic TV and last night's shows, online.



- Uncle Creepy


VISIT THE EVILSHOP @ AMAZON!

Got news? Click here to submit it!

Wash it down with raspberry sake in the comments section below!











I have a 15 year old cousin with autism, whose parents are trying to plan for the future when they're not around to take care of him anymore. My uncle is in his mid 60's, and my aunt is somewhere in her 40's. I'm 24. My cousin will be classified as a disabled adult upon turning 18, and will probably have to be institutionalized at some point.



I received a call from my semi-estranged uncle asking if I'd be willing to administer the cousin's inheritance. I haven't seen these relatives for a few years. Semi-estranged due to family drama (which I'm not directly involved in) over the uncle's treatment of his other child. This mess also means that my uncle's other child is probably out of the running to look after my cousin with autism. I'm willing to consider acting as trustee, but I need a lot more information.



So .... if you have any experience with this sort of thing, I'd love to hear from you. I'm wondering about:



1) What kind of support does the US give to disabled adults? If it matters, cousin lives in TX. I'm still in graduate school, with no idea where I'll settle. Will my cousin be provided with somewhere safe to live, or is he out on the street as soon as my uncle's money runs out? Or does it make sense for the money to run out sooner, so government help kicks in (as seems to be the case for some instances of elder care)?



2) Is there any way for me to wind up on the hook for my cousin's care? I have no intention of agreeing to this if I will wind up legally responsible for supporting my cousin out of my own earnings. I also have no intention of ever being a physical caretaker.



3) My uncle pitched this as my only job being to control the investments and cut checks when necessary. What other duties am I likely to wind up with? What types of decisions will I have to be making, and what degree of involvement with my cousin's day-to-day life will be required?



4) Do professionals exist who do this for a fee, or does it always just fall onto family?



5) What about the other cousin? What are the legal ramifications of leaving an unequal inheritance?



6) What other questions do I need to be asking my uncle? I will have no problem asking awkward questions, or saying no to this request.



Before I sign onto anything, I'll definitely be consulting a lawyer, but that's a way into the future. I have on the order of a year to make this decision.



Anonymous because these really aren't my secrets to spill all over the internet, and it's easy to figure out my identity from my posting history.



I will be following this thread, and can answer questions through one of the admins. If you want to contact me directly, I can be reached at autistic_cousin@hotmail.com.
bench craft company reviews

'Know Your Meme' Acquired By Cheezburger in Seven-Figure Deal

Cheezburger Networks has acquired online meme database (and popular web series) Know Your Meme from Rocketboom in a seven-figure deal.

The Truth About Twitter: It&#39;s The Evening <b>News</b>

Twitter is a media platform, not a social network.

Iranian Video Says Mahdi is &#39;Near&#39; - World - CBN <b>News</b> - Christian <b>...</b>

New evidence has emerged that the Iranian government sees the current unrest in the Middle East as a signal that the Mahdi--or Islamic messiah--is about to appear.


No comments:

Post a Comment